Friday, April 23, 2010

And Now There Are Four

Boys, that is.

I am seriously out-numbered.

John is upstairs as I type, asleep in his bed. This is the second weekend he has spent with us and we can already see that he is getting more comfortable with us and relaxing a little bit. We took him shopping this evening for bedding for his room. It was fun letting him pick out the stuff that he liked and getting to know him a little better.

He is 16 years old and has been in foster care for six years. This is the sixth home he has been in and we plan on it being the last.

Tonight, he called me Mom.

2 comments:

apulling said...

You amaze me woman! I love your heart, obedience and action. I am so thankful to have a friend like you in my life, you inspire me!

hopeandjason said...

How I love your family! I know you are all doing your best to make John feel at home. What a blessing for him to be comfortable enough to call you Mom already. Thank you for living out your Christianity and the call God has on your family.