Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Year

"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men. " Luke 2:52


That's not a very long verse, but it is one of my favorites. Because I like it so much, I thought I'd use it as my guide for my New Year's resolutions/goals.

Wisdom: There is so much wisdom I need to gain, I hardly know where to start. I need spiritual wisdom, wife wisdom, mom wisdom, friend wisdom, financial wisdom, and just regular wisdom! I would like to grow in those areas, and maybe learn something fun this year, too.

Stature: Hmmm, I definitely don't want to GROW in stature. In fact, I wouldn't mind SHRINKING a little! One of my goals for this area this year is to increase my exercise and work on better eating habits for all of us.

Favor with God: Oh, how I want this! I know that God looks on me with love and compassion, but I also want Him to be proud of me. I want Him to be proud of my obedience and my willingness to walk with Him and do the hard stuff.

Favor with men: I want my relationships to count for something in this life. I want to be able to put aside my selfishishness. I want to pour out what God is doing in me onto others.


I'm not sure how this will end, but I'm ready to begin!

1 comment:

apulling said...

I am excited to impart on this year together! I can't wait to see what all is in store! I love the verse. I think I might memorize it too and steal your idea ha! Love you girl!