Monday, January 4, 2010

The Eat from the Pantry Challenge

I occasionally read a blog called Organizing Junkie. I would love to be more organized and am inspired by her website and others. She does Menu Plan Monday, which I am going to try this year. (I'm incorporating that into my resolutions/goal for the year.)

Anyway, she is currently involved in a challenge called Eat from the Pantry. It is just what it sounds like: the moms that came up with the challenge are going to try to feed their families with what they have at home for the entire month of January. They are going to buy fresh bread, produce, and dairy products and are going to try to spend only $75 on groceries for the whole month of January.

All I can say is, "Wow!". I can't even LOOK at a grocery store without spending $75!! But, I am going to take this challenge. We have some special occasions this month, so I know I will have to buy some special items, but for our everyday meals, I'm going to cook what I have before going to the store to buy something new.

I don't think I'm going to tell the family about this little experiment...I wonder if they will catch on!

1 comment:

apulling said...

I don't think I could do that. I don't have much in my pantry ha! I can't wait to hear how it goes!