Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Been a Week

And what a difference a week makes!

I am sitting here watching Alaina and Jay play in the bathtub thinking of all of the ways my life has changed in the last seven days. It truly boggles the mind.

First of all, there hasn't been an infant in the house in 6 years. (Jack will be 7 in April). I had forgotten how things revolve around their schedules and feedings and naps. I had also forgotten how much stuff you have to tote around every time you leave the house!

Secondly, there are toddlers in a house that is no longer toddler-proof. We needed cabinet locks, baby gates, toilet locks, outlet covers and all kinds of medicine droppers. We also needed a high chair, sippy cups, cribs, bath toys, and lots of diapers and wipes.

Thirdly, I need eyes in the back of my head! These kids are quick. And they are in to EVERYTHING! Since these are foster kids, you can use your imagination to think of what their home life was like. Sooo, they are very curious about things that they have probably never seen before. I have to watch them every second.

There are more changes, but this is all I have time for. I feel fortunate that I was able to get this much done.

4 comments:

apulling said...

Yeah for an update! I am impressed you have time to blog! Oh how precious those three are!

Camera Clicker said...

When I saw you with the kids on Friday and again on Sunday I noticed how you were making it look easy! You're a natural with 5 kids.
I can only imagine how tough some moments/hours/days must be, but you carry it off with God's grace.

rg said...

Whew! I only have one at that "into everything" stage. I can only imagine three. Check out diapers.com to order diapers, wipes, etc. Their prices are comparable to Sams, they have several different brands. They do free shipping and no tax if you order over a certain amount. Totally worth it!

gadaisy said...

Wow Karen!!! I have been out of the loop!! What a blessing you guys are to those sweet faces!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!! Happy New Year!!!! Love you!!!