Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Steffie!

Stephanie is my very best friend and today is her birthday.

We have been friends since the second grade. When we were little girls, we spent the night at each other's homes, went to camp together every summer and went to many a Christian skate night at the local skating rink. (New Orleans World's Fair, 1984. We look like little boys!)
In high school we cheered together, went midnight bowling, double-dated and on our senior trip together.
(Cheerleader Camp, 1986)

In college we roomed together for four years even though everyone said it would ruin our friendship. It didn't---it just made it stronger.

(With Leisl, 1990?)



As grown-ups (and I use the term loosely), we have stood by each other through weddings, graduations, births, adoptions, state-to-state moves, and other life events. (North Carolina, 2003)
Stephanie is the one I turn to when I need advice on everything from marriage, to jeans, to kids, and, of course, my hair. Everyone needs someone they know who will be extremely honest and Stephanie is that for me . She tells me when I need a new perspective on a situation and sets me straight when I am getting off track. She sends me cards in the mail for no reason and Bible verses that remind me that God is in control and that He loves me and has the best in mind for me.


I wish everyone had a friend like Steffie. I am so glad and grateful that God gave her to me! (And, after looking at these pictures, I hope she remembers how much I love her.)


I love you, my friend!!

2 comments:

rg said...

Awww! What a sweet post for a wonderful friend. Happy Birthday to you too, today. Forever 29, right?

yellodaisy said...

29...I like that!