Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Little (Big) Things


In the aftermath of two hurricanes, I have much to be grateful for...

I know exactly where my family is and I don't have to wonder if they are well.

When I look up, I see a ceiling, not blue sky.

The kindness of my neighbors .

The people of Chain Electric of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, who left their homes and families to restore electricity to our small community.

When I walk into a room and flip a switch, the lights actually COME ON!(see above)

Lord, I am thankful for the small hardships of Hurricane Gustav, because it has made me realise how much I take for granted and just how spoiled I am in my life. I have everything I need, but still want more. Teach me contentment and how to live a life of simplicity. May the people of South Texas and South Louisiana find comfort and hope in You. Amen.

3 comments:

pilgrimwanderings said...

So glad you made it through okay. Isn't it wonderful how people come together in situations like this?

Laura said...

It's amazing how much we take electricity for granted. So glad you came through the hurricane so well and that you can see so many blessings through it.

gadaisy said...

I hope you guys don't have any more bad weather.....I am glad you were safe and all is well....did Lee find you on facebook?