Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's Official

Hurricane Gustav really IS over (at least for us). We finished our "hurricane puzzle" last night. We started the puzzle last Monday, after the electricity went out. We quickly discovered that it is not easy to put together a 750 piece puzzle by candlelight. Jack was sure that we would never finish it because I am not a "puzzle pro", but we pressed on. If you are not a puzzle person, you won't understand that a puzzle HAS TO BE COMPLETED once it has been started. Todd got called to the hospital last night, so the boys and I settled down at the table and finished it:

(Sorry, I can't figure out how to turn it the right way!) Anyway, the puzzle was lots of fun and we were so proud of ourselves for finishing. Todd was very impressed when he got home. Every now and then I would walk past the table and bask in the glow of our completed puzzle! Aahh!

Then, I woke up this morning and found this:

I would like to know how a cat can take pieces right out of the middle of the puzzle and leave the rest of the puzzle intact! Lucky for that cat, I found all of the pieces and was able to put it back together. I'm not finished basking, yet!

1 comment:

Camera Clicker said...

I can totally relate to that "gotta get it done" attitude with puzzles. Forget the laundry or the floors....we'll sit and finish a puzzle until....!
We haven't done any in about a year because of that! :)
Congrats on finishing it!!