Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gustav, Day 2

Before Gustav
After Gustav

We made it! Gustav is over and we are all still here. As hurricanes go, this was not as bad as it could have been. At least in my neck of the woods. It is still raining in some places, and there is some concern about flooding, but the bulk of the storm has moved on. We had winds between 90-100 mph, so we have lots of tree branches and "tree thrash" in the yard. We got lots of it picked up today, but it will probably take three or four more days to finish. I took some pictures during the storm, but it is hard to convey that kind of force in a photograph. (I took some video, but I'll have to learn how to put that on here!) We lost a few shingles from the roof, and took in some water in the house, but it was nothing like Hurricane Lily in 2002. We are still without electricity, so the boys and I are spending the night at my parents' home. They have air conditioning and the Internet!


We are so thankful that we were safe during the storm and escaped major damage. Most of all, I am thankful for the peace of God that flooded my heart and mind throughout the storm. I was truly never afraid. May it be so for you, whatever your storm.

No comments: