Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ready and waiting

Well, the Cone of Uncertainty is not as uncertain as it was two days ago. Apparently, Gustav is making tracks for my little corner of Louisiana. We are as ready as we can be at this point. All of the outside furniture and bikes and toys have been put in the shed. Todd even removed the blades of the outside ceiling fans. (During the last hurricane, they became missiles!)

Inside, I cleaned out the downstairs closet and set up pallets up for the boys to sleep on as it will be too dangerous to sleep upstairs during the height of the storm. I have also done mounds of laundry in anticipation of 5-7 days without electricity. I even managed to bake a batch of cookies and a batch of homemade graham crackers. I figure I should use up the butter and eggs while they are still good.

Gustav, GO AWAY!

1 comment:

gadaisy said...

Praying for you guys.....I hope it is nothing but glad that you are prepared!!!! Love you and praying for your safety!!!