Friday, August 29, 2008

Living in THE CONE


The Cone of Uncertainty, that is. As you can see in the picture, all of the Louisiana coast in within that infamous cone. That makes for alot of uncertainty, indeed. This storm is still several days away and already stores are out of generators, water, batteries, flashlights and gasoline. Thankfully, I listened to the wise words of my husband and got our supplies early.

Since all of Louisiana seems to be in the path of Gustav, I am preparing for several days without electricity. I can only hope that the water and telephone services will go uninterrupted. At least that way I can take a cool shower and maybe call people to break up the boredom!

2 comments:

gadaisy said...

Hey!! Do you need a road trip???? We are praying for rain in GA!!! Come on up!!!!

rg said...

Ugh! I know hurricane season is no fun. Miraculously, all those years in Florida and we only had to evacuate once for Floyd which turned out to be nothing. I hope this one just breaks apart somewhere in the Gulf. You can always call me if you get bored!