Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back online!

I am SO happy to be back online. The computer was giving us trouble, so we had that fixed, only to have our internet service go down. I didn't think I relied on the computer that much, but I realized that ten days is a long time with no world wide web.

But, we were busy in those ten days. August 4th was our official First Day of School. It is hard for me to believe that this will be our 5th year of homeschooling. I could say that the first week of school was a blissful week of learning and cooperation, but that would be a LIE! The first week is always bumpy, but hopefully we will hit our stride soon and there really will be learning and cooperation, not whining and complaining (and that was just me!).

Later that week, I had my wisdom teeth removed. Not a pleasant experience, but not as bad as I had anticipated, either. I have had lots of ice cream, so that is a plus. There are no pictures of my puffy cheeks, so that is a plus, also!!

And, of course, we have been watching alot of the Olympics. Curt is a big sports fanatic, so he is interested in every event. I usually only like to watch the gymnastics, but this year we have seen water polo, volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, diving, fencing, and basketball. Jack is not very interested in the sports but is loving the fact that the Olympics are in China. He cheers evenly for the Chinese and the Americans!

2 comments:

rg said...

Glad to see you back. I was wondering what happened. Kevin got his wisdom teeth taken out this year too. I was thinking he was the ONLY 30 something in the world who didn't get this done in high school or college like everyone else. He will be glad to know that he is not alone. Hope everything went smoothly for you.

gadaisy said...

Hey friend....I've been missing you!!! Glad to hear that all is well and that you are back!!! Things here have been busy as well the first week back and I feel your bumps in the road!!!!