Sunday, August 17, 2008

Adoption

Anyone who knows me knows that adoption is a subject near and dear to my heart. Adoption IS a big part of my heart. My "mama heart" beat for the very first time the day I held Curt in my arms and kissed his sweet face. That beat grew even stronger three years later when we brought Jack home. Six years later, I still think that beat could get even stronger. Thursday night Todd and I will begin classes with our local Dept. of Social Services. These classes will certify us as adoption and foster care parents. I don't know where God is leading with this, I only know that we must follow.

There are millions of children around the world that will go to sleep tonight with no mom or dad to tuck them in and pray over them. If you would like to know more about adoption, click on one of the links to right and check it out. But, be careful...your heart might be missing a few beats, too.

3 comments:

gadaisy said...

OK friend....prayers since NOLA and more to come.....you and Todd have so much love to give.....I am excited to see where God leads....I still remember the exact moment you told me about Curt....It was so exciting!!!!! Keep the details coming!!! Love and miss you!!!

rg said...

I was wondering if you guys were still thinking about this. How exciting! I can't wait to see how God works in your family. Remember Eph. 3:20-21. That's the story of my life.
P.S. I need to know more about the Coupon Class. I think it deserves a blog post!

Larry said...

Hopefully you moderate comments and can choose NOT to post this as I'm not looking for free advertising. I just couldn't find how to contact you any other way. I saw your blog off of Jim's (SCC) site. I'm part of Act of Life, a nonprofit based in Houston, that provides training to crisis pregnancy center workers about how to talk intelligently about adoption. We're unashamedly biblically based and so is the curriculum. I'd love to dialogue more about any needs you're aware of in the Louisiana area and/or how Act of Life can best minister in that area also.

You can contact me through chair@actoflife.org if you like what you see on our website. Thanks for checking us out!