Thursday, July 17, 2008

Today's the day!

Cajun Camp here we come! I leave today (in just a little while, in fact) for three fabulous days with my fellow Daisies! We don't have any real big plans, just being with each other is good enough.

Today is also significant for another reason. One year ago today, I had a hysterectomy. It was a very hard decision for me to have the surgery, but I am glad I did. Aside from the physical benefits, I have learned much about myself and my God. I have learned that He is sufficient in all things and that His plan is much bigger and larger than my own. I have learned to let go of things that I cannot change. I have learned to be more thankful for the blessings in my life. I have learned to trust God more and to embrace the quiet and listen for His voice. He has been my comfort and sustainer. I also would not have made it this year without Todd. Words cannot express how much his support and care of me have meant. He is all I could have wanted in this life and I am grateful beyond measure for what God has done for me.

I am a different person than I was a year ago, and I am so thankful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! Love you girl! gadaisy