Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gratitude


I found this at Heavenly Homemakers and loved the idea. I have so many things to be thankful for!

The upstairs air conditioning is getting fixed today!!! Hurray! Actually, it is not getting fixed, it is getting replaced. You might not think having to replace an entire a/c unit would be cause for celebration, but there have been some nuggets of thankfulness to be found: 1.) It could have been worse---it could have been downstairs and I would have to COOK in this heat. 2.) The boys have had alot of fun sleeping in their tents (which have gotten larger and more elaborate as the days wore on).
I am also thankful that in three days Cajun Camp 08 will commence! I haven't seen Patty and Melissa in 3 years and now it will only be three more DAYS! And, I'm thankful for my husband who is encouraging me to go and doing whatever he can, to make sure I have a good time.

Yes, indeedy, much to be thankful for!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And this blog, m'darlin', is yet another reason why you're my favorite daughter-in-law!

Gran

Laura said...

Yes, it sounds like you DO have a lot to be thankful for. Hope you have a wonderful time at Cajun Camp! Thank you so much for joining Gratituesday!

Anonymous said...

Karen....the bags are packed and I just talked to Dr. David who has made it easy to leave GA for Cajun Camp.....God is so good to me and I am so thankful to get to come and see you guys...only a few more hours!!!! ga daisy

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that Cajun Camp is working out for you ladies. It is neat how well all has worked out to get this planned and you ladies able to go. God is awesome!!! I am interested to see what surprise y'all come home with this year. Oh, great to hear the AC will be blowing cold air again.
Husband of a Cajun Camper...