Thursday, June 12, 2008

I am so bad at this!


I am so terrible about this blogging thing! It is a good thing the other bloggers I keep up with are better than me. I never really set out to write everyday or even every week, but more than once a month would probably be good!


We just got back from a terrific vacation in California. We spent a few days in Yosemite National Park, then drove down to Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. We had so much fun. To prove what a good sport I am, I stayed in a "canvas-sided cabin" (aka tent) with no bathroom, while we were in Yosemite. There were shower houses and bathrooms down a little trail from us. Thankfully, we only had one episode of having to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. (Fortunately for me, we have boys, so Todd had to get up and go with Jack.) If you have never been to Yosemite, try to go. It is one of the most awe-inspiring places I have ever been to. I really don't know how anyone could look at that and not believe in a creator.


The highlight of the trip down to Sequoia and Kings Canyon is, of course, the big trees. The size of these trees is truly amazing. Curt and I were able to go on a horseback ride through one of the groves of trees and that was really special for us. Both of the boys earned Junior Ranger badges in the parks and came home excited about recycling, hiking, and all things outdoors. Oh, and the cabin in Kings Canyon had walls and a bathroom!


We had such a good time. This was our first big outdoor vacation with the boys and they took to it like a duck takes to water. Our family goal now is to visit as many National Parks as possible. We have a National Parks passport and plan to get it stamped wherever we go!


I took lots of pictures on this trip, so I will try to post some of them. If you are looking at pictures, then you will know that I figured it out!!

2 comments:

Camera Clicker said...

That is a fantastic picture of you all!! (Of course, it might have been better on a big bear couch...)
I'm sure it was an amazing trip!

Gregg, Mandi, Lucie, Griffin said...

sounds like a great trip!