Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Friends


Last night, three of my friends came over and we started a new Bible study together. We are using a book by Kelly Minter called No Other Gods. The study is about how we let other, less important things, crowd out the place that God is supposed to have. It seems like it will be a good study. I hope to learn alot.

The girls and I have been studying together for almost two years and I HAVE learned alot. One of the most valuable lessons I have learned is the importance of friendship and how God brings us together before we know we will need each other. In the last two years we have gone through the diagnosis of two chronic illnesses, two pregnancies, two new jobs, a college graduation, three new houses, struggles with children (and spouses) and the ups and downs of every day life. We have prayed for each other, loved each other, supported each other, held each other accountable, helped each other and spurred one another on to better things. Only God could have known the value of having true friends through these challenging seasons of life. I thank Him daily for "the girls" and am blessed beyond measure for having them in my life.
By the way, this picture is from Christmas. Autumn, me, Arien, Mio, and Joni. We miss you, Mio!

No comments: