Saturday, April 26, 2008

Consistency

OK I knew this would happen. I started a blog, then didn't write for over a week. It happens with my journal, too. This has been a busy, busy week, but then most weeks are. This week was filled with school, baseball games, church, piano lessons and a most important event, my little one's sixth birthday. (I can't believe my little doodlebug is six years old!)

Today we went bowling with the children's department from our church There is nothing like watching a six year old bowl to make you smile. Every time he rolled/threw the ball, he jumped up and down in excitement, even if he didn't knock any pins down. My older son is very competitive and takes all sports seriously. He did well and was just happy he didn't finish last. I did pretty well, but was pretty erratic with my scoring. I made a couple of strikes, but there were also times when I didn't hit a single pin.

Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." Whether in blogging, bowling, and life in general, it is good to know that God is consistent when I am not. Consistency...what a beautiful thing!

No comments: